1. All games will be officiated by referee.
2. All disputes will be decided by a referee or tournament director without appeal.
3. A 5-minute warm-up will be allowed before each game for the teams next up on that court.
4. This is a double elimination tournament with games being played as follows:
• Grades 3-4 and 5-6 will play to
15 points or 15 minutes with a
continuous running clock.
• All other grades will play to 21
points or 20 minutes with a
continuous running clock.
• In case of a tie when time
expires, all four players of each
team will shoot one free throw.
The team with the most free-
throws will be the winner. In
case of a tie, the free throw
process will repeat until there is
5. Each team will have two timeouts.
6. The first possession will be determined by a flip of a coin.
7. The ball must be brought back outside the 3-point line and above the free-throw line extended on every change of possession, made basket, out of bounds, or violation.
8. PERSONAL FOULS
No free throws are to be shot until a team has committed 6 fouls. Personal fouls before the 6th team foul will result in possession of the ball, and the basket (if made) when fouled in the act of shooting. Only possession is awarded when fouled not in the act of shooting before the 6th team foul occurs. On the 6th team foul, a bonus situation will be in effect (one and one). When in the bonus, if a player is fouled in the act of shooting and scores, he/she is awarded the basket, one free throw and NOT possession. A player fouled while shooting outside the arc, will be awarded two free throws, if shot missed, and NOT possession.
If fouled on a successful two point attempt while in the bonus, a player is awarded one free throw and NOT possessions. All other foul occurrences while in the bonus will result in the one and one situation and not possession. These rules are designated to penalize and discourage rough play. KEEP IT CLEAN!
TECHNICAL FOULS / FLAGRANT FOULS
Poor sportsmanship and/or rough play will absolutely NOT BE TOLERATED. A technical foul will result in one point awarded, a team foul, and possession to the offended team. A player/coach is allowed one of these throughout the tournament. A second foul received, at any time during the tournament, will result in the disqualification of the player or coach from the tournament. The tournament is based on excellent sportsmanship and respect for one another both on and off the court.
9. Field goals will be scored as one point inside the 3-point line and 2 points outside the 3-point line.
10. No stalling allowed. If at any time during the game, a referee determines stalling tactics are being used, he will warn the offensive team and they will have ten seconds to shoot the ball. If shot is not taken, it will result in a turnover. A second stalling call will result in a technical foul.
11. Only the four players on the application will be be allowed to play. NO SUBSTITUTES, unless prior approval has been obtained from the tournament director. The request for a
substitute has to be made no later than April 4, 2014.
12. Balls will be provided for use. Absolutely NO BALLS of any sort are to be brought in the gym.
13. A 12-foot free throw line will be used through the 4th grade.
14. The ball must be checked to the defense each time before being put into play, but not on a defensive rebound. When the ball is checked to the offense, by the defense, the instant it touches the offensive player’s hands it is a live ball and can be passed, dribbled or shot.
15. Student players may play on one team only. Players do not have to be from the same school.